Georgia law requires that public water systems test and treat municipal water, but this occurs only at the treatment plant. Before water reaches the home, it goes through miles of piping, some which may be in disrepair and contain lead or other contaminants.
All Conley Inspections, LLC testing for well and municipal water is performed with a Complete Water Analysis Test Kit that tests for 10 items, including: Lead, Pesticide, Iron, Copper, Alkalinity (PH & Hardness), Chlorine, Nitrates, Nitrites, and Bacteria. More information on water quality and differences between municipal and well water may be found at: https://www.nachi.org/waterquality.htm
Conley Inspections, LLC recommends having water tested if the following situations arise:
- When purchasing a home
- Family members or house guests have recurrent incidents of gastrointestinal illness
- Household plumbing contains lead pipes, fittings, or solder joints
- When a water softener is needed to treat hard water
- If you wish to monitor the efficiency and performance of home water treatment equipment
- When there are water stains at plumbing fixtures and laundry
- When water has an objectionable taste or odor
- When water appears cloudy, frothy, or colored
- When pipes or plumbing show signs of corrosion
- When water leaves scaly residues and soap scum, and lessens the cleaning action of soaps and detergents
- When water supply equipment (pump, chlorinators, etc.) wear rapidly
Call Conley Home Inspections, LLC for a water quality test today.